This receipe is Village receipe which I got from my grandmother.She is very good cook.In this receipe I made some changes from original one.
- Potato 2 chopped in big pieces.
- Karamani(Black eyed peas) 1/2 cup.
- Pearl onion 8-10.
- Tomato one .
- Coconut grated 1/2 cup.
- Tamarind one lemon size.
- Sambar powder 1 1/2 Tsp or Kulambhu power(You can subtitute with 1 tsp of chilli powder and 2 tsp corriander powder.)
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Urad dhal few.
- Curry leaves few.
- Hing powder.
- Oil for tempering.
- Dry roast karamani in cooker for 2 min and add sufficient water cook for 3 whistels.
- In a pan heat oil and fry onion,tomato when its fried add coconut and fry for 1 min finish and cool for 5 min and grind to smooth paste.
- Open the pressure cooker and add this paste ,sambar power or kulambhu powder,potato ,salt to taste boil till potato is one now add tamarind juice boil till raw smell goes.
- Last part is tempering heat oil in kadai add mustard seeds,ura dhall wait till it splutters,add one chopped pearl onion,curry leaves fry for 1 min add hing powder and transfer tempering to gravy.
Now your Gravy is ready Serve with White rice,or Ragi balls.