This is my favorite curry in my childhood days because in those days I don't like to eat mutton and like to have curry with potato.
- 1/2 lb Mutton with bones.
- Potato one big cut in to big cubes.
- Pearl onion 12 peeled.
- One small tomato.
- Grated coconut one cup.
- Ginger finely chopped one inch.
- Garlic 3 pods chopped.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Peppers 1 tsp.
- Chilly powder 1 1/2 tsp.
- Dhaniya powder 3 tsp.
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- Poppy seeds 1 tsp.
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp.
- Whole gram masala (clove,cinnamon,cardamon,bay leaves )each one .
- Curry leaves.
- Clean mutton and cook in pressure cooker with cumin seeds,pepper,ginger, garlic,turmeric powder,salt and water for 4 whisles.
- In a pan add 1/2 tbsp of oil when its heated add fennel seeds,poppy seeds after 30 seconds add peeled onion fry till onion is tender and add tomato fry well and add grated coconut and finsh in 2 min.
- Grind this sauted onion masala.
- Add this masala to cooked mutton,add potato,chilly powder,dhaniya powder,Garam masala powder and bring to boil till potato is done.
- Last do seasoning with whole garam masala (cinnamon,clove,cardamom.bay leaf) each one and with curry leaf and add to gravy.
- Keep this gravy closed until serving.